Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thoroughly Modern thanks

My daughter was recently in her junior high production of Thoroughly Modern Millie and needed to collect sponsors.  We decided to send thank you notes to each person who contributed and include a picture of her in one of her costumes.  I also needed to keep these as flat as possible due to mailing, so I skipped the dimensionals but added layers of paper products.  I took the basic idea from this pinterest card.  I wanted to papers to represent things related to Millie, so I chose a vintage typewriter and keys, a ledger print, vintage sheet music, and a vintage pattern print.  The papers are kraft, basic black and printed papers from DCWV's Timeless and 7 Gypsies.  The cameo is from studio g clearmount set in the Michael's dollar bin, stamped on Very Vanilla in Jet Black Staz-On.  The cameo is punched with a 1 3/8" circle and mounted on Basic Black circle punched at 1 1/2".  The small doily had the center punched out and hand-gathered around the cameo.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: