Sunday, October 27, 2019

Mitten lip balm holders


I fell in love with My Favorite Things lip balm set.  They are very reasonable in price.  The stamps are $9, lip balm window die is $10.99, the rip strip die for $9.99, and the pouches are 10 for $3.99.  Many people were using the bookmark die to make the pouches, but I wanted something different.  I went hunting for a pattern to import into Cricut Design Space and found a pattern for a mitten.  I duplicated and flipped the image to make a front and back, then sized to fit four mitts on a page.
Once I had all the pieces cut, I glued the cuffs on, then decided where I wanted the lip balm window.  I opted not to use the little border piece this time.  Once the window was in place, I used it as a guide to place the rip strip die on the back mitten.  Just be sure when you glue the two halves together to avoid putting adhesive where the rip strip is.  Now, the recipient doesn't have to tear apart the mitten to get to the lip balm.  I found 3-packs of Chap-Stick in holiday flavors on special for $2.
Once it was glued together, I used a crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the corner and added a circle tag stamped with one of the sentiments and a small punched heart.  I left the string long enough to be tied to a gift, hung on the tree or added to a stocking.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: