JenniferMaker where she made subway art with vinyl on canvas. I was inspired to make a canvas for my son. He recently played Darcy and an extra newsie in his high school production of Newsies. I found images online and mixed various fonts to create this. He was thrilled with it and mentioned having one made for each of the school plays he participates in.
I will be honest, even using the permanent vinyl, it was hard to get it to stick. I used Cricut and Oracal 651. The Cricut brand was much easier to weed and remove the backing. The Oracal brand has a stiffer backing and it would flake apart, leaving a very thin plastic-like layer behind that was a pain to remove.
I have read about prepping the canvas with mod podge, gesso, or acrylic paint. I think these would help and will be trying this in the future. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks for looking! April
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Friday, June 7, 2019
Once again, another school year is coming to an end and it is time for teacher gifts. My son's special ed teacher has been nothing short of amazing. He is a huge fan of Milwaukee Brewers baseball and keeps a keurig machine right on his desk, so I thought it would be fun to combine the two.
I purchased the cup on Amazon and found a pre-made file that I tweaked for the custom part. I used Oracal 651 in Brewers Blue and cut it on the Cricut Explore.
Inside the cup, is a little filler, two k-cups, a gift card and a handful of Hershey's kisses. For a 16 oz cup, it holds a lot!
I like to save money, so I use clear contact paper from Dollar Tree as my transfer tape. I will be honest, it was a pain to get the backing off the tiny inside parts of the letters and hope it will not effect their long term adhesion to the cup. I often have better luck with Cricut brand vinyls and will probably stick to that in the future. Thanks for looking! April
Monday, June 3, 2019
This is a birthday card I made for my nephew using the Queen & Company Magic shaker die set. The base is Whisper White with layers of navy, turquoise, gray polka dot, and prints from Disney comics and Recollections gears. Sentiments are from the coordinating Q & Co stamps and SU Number of Years. I used the second to largest spellbinders circle die for the hat base. The number 2 is a Tim Holtz die. The circle is popped up with foam tape. Inspiration for the card was found here. Thanks for looking! April
Monday, March 11, 2019
Ginger, at My Sisters Scrapper, made an adorable Disney mini envelope album. I followed her tutorial and made one of my own. I liked the format so well, I used it as an excuse to cull some of my paper hoarding.
This album is made using papers from Stampin Up's retired Class Act papers from their old Simply Scrappin line...yep, that paper is probably more than 5 years old and moved to three different states!
Colors include: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue, and Real Red.
All the rounded flaps are cards that come out of the album and every page features a flip of pocket with extra storage inside. I made cards for many of the pockets where school pics or memories can be stored.
Thanks for looking! April
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Wow, it has been way too long since my last post. It is not for lack of crafting, more time shortages. I have one kiddo away at college, middle child is busy with the high school robotics team and the spring musical, the youngest has medical appointments. By the time I get everyone settled, I may get a few quick projects going and then off to bed!
This is for my hubby's best friend. He is a fan of home-brewed beer, so I used Stampin' Up's Bubble Over set. The base is Lemon-Lime Twist with layers of Whisper White and retired DSP. I stamped the bottles using Versamark, then heat embossed with extra thick chunky clear emboss to get the drippy glossy finish. I stamped again in Real Red and Pacific Point for the label wraps. The tags are in Tempting Turquoise and Lemon Lime Twist. All the die cuts are from the bottles coordinating dies. I also used the dies to cut some of the designer paper bottles (retired). I popped the labels up on dimensionals and cut the bottle tops from gold foil.
TIP: I keep the foil scraps from other projects and cut a ton of the bottle tops at once. I store them in a mini zip baggie for beads, storing it in the stamp case. I also use magnetic tape in the case to hold the dies inside the coordinating stamp case.April