Sunday, May 21, 2017

Goodbye Hugs

Last month, we moved from Ohio to Wisconsin.  The hardest part was taking the kids from the people and schools they have grown to love over the last five years.  My youngest has special needs and we are particularly close with his teachers and assistants so I wanted a special goodbye for them.  I kinda feel like I was shorting them, but most of my craft supplies were packed and I was single-parenting for the better part of six weeks, so I was not at my most creative. 
I found these adorable hugging hearts on clearance at Ikea and grabbed some Hershey's Hugs, treat bags, chalkboard tags, and some baker's twine to make these.  I used a chalk marker to write "A Hug from Matt" and tied it all together.  The teachers were in tears and tried so hard to make it a great day for him.  We miss them so much and they have been great with helping his new teachers acclimate him to his new school routine.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: