Saturday, November 10, 2012

Travel SMASH cover

This is the cover for my International Travel SMASH folio for our first Disney Cruise.  I used my Mickey font Cricut cartridge to cut the letters.  Disney is cut in Brilliant Blue and CRUISE is cut in Basic Black, Whisper White and cranberry.  I wanted it to sort of look like Mickey's colors, and give it a bit of nautical flair, so I cut the black in shadow, then cut the red and white letters twice, matching them up and cutting a channel out of the middle.  When I assembled the letters, I used one color for the upper portion and the other for the lower.  Next, I used small white eyelets to create portholes, but I decided I didn't like the effect, so I ran some jute twine through it like rope or rigging to tie off the boat.  The letters are mounted with dimensionals. 
I used some of my Disney themed washi tape (from Queen & Co) to cover the SMASH* icon at the bottom and used Mickey head icons punched from my EK Success punch to add a little more Disney personality.  Last, was a bit of blue gingham ribbon for Minnie's bow and a few accents with a white gel pen.  I will show you more as we continue to plan our trip. 
Thanks for looking!  April

1 comment:

gobeagirl said...

Hi April. First let me just say "What a fun vacation to plan. Good for you!" Then I have to say that I just love this cover. I think you have nailed the whole Disney/Mickey Mouse theme big time! I have this Cricut cartridge and I think you have done a fantastic job of making your letters scream Micky Mouse. I am playing catch up once again with all my fellow bloggers, so I am not sure if I missed it or not, but when are you going on your cruise? It sure sounds like a great get away to me. I don't think I would be able to tell my kids something like that until we were walking out the door as Mitchell would just be too excited before hand to even sleep. lol... Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa