Monday, November 11, 2013

Celebrate the Season

I was so excited to get the new SU photopolymer set Endless Wishes.  I was told that I was very lucky as SU has not been able to keep up with the demand and has currently put a hold on it.  I don't normally buy many holiday-specific stamps, but love how flexible this set is...you can change the entire thing by just by changing out the stamps. 
Anyway, I loved the samples SU used in the ad, so I decided to CASE my Christmas card from it.  I managed to make 50 cards fairly quick.  I used kraft base cards from Hobby Lobby - the larger sized cards, not the standard 4x5.  I altered a couple of things - first, the adorable snow charms that SU used are so cute, but really expensive and not at all good for mailing (especially in bulk).  I decided to use the middle size heart from the triple heart punch.  Second, I swapped colors...I used Tempting Turquoise and Real Red, in place of Pool party and Strawberry Slush.  I also cheated and stamped my own polka dot paper using a large background stamp and Whisper White craft ink. 
Inside, I stamped "sending you very merry christmas wishes."  (Can you believe that it was FOUR stamps?) 
The last touch was stamping the envelope flaps to match. 
Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: