Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Owl Love You Forever


So this card is for my wonderful brother and sister in law.  I have seen a few of these before but couldn't resist the adorable punch art owls.  I made this as an easel card and the base is Early Espresso with layers of Bo Bunny Back to Basic polka dots and kraft.  I used a woodgrain embossing folder to stamp the grain in Early Espresso before layering the kraft and polka dot papers and removing the middle with a nestabilities circle.  The owls are made with a 1 3/4" circle, then using the same punch to remove a little notch at the top and make a belly for each in a lighter color.  I also embossed the bellies with the Swiss Dots from Cuttlebug.  The colors used here are Night of Navy, Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, and Pink Pirouette.  The eyes are a 1/2" circle punch with Whisper White and a 1/4" punch with Basic Black for the pupils.  I punched the nose from a heart border punch.  The sentiment is from Best of Greetings, stamped in Versamark and embossed in silver metallic.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: