Saturday, March 26, 2016

My Paper Pumpkin extras

I love finding the monthly Stampin' Up subscription for My Paper Pumpkin in my mailbox.  Even if I am not totally sold on some of the monthly projects, I love the supplies.  I normally find there are plenty of "spare parts" to make some extras.  Since our move, I only have the kitchen table to work at, so I tend to let the kits stack up for a bit then binge craft.  I was in desperate need of a restock of cards, so out comes the box holding several kits.  Since you can see the basic kit all over the web, I will feature the extras over the next few posts.  So, away we go...
I will admit, I am cheap.  While I love the quality of Stampin' Up cardstock, I love to buy bulk card base kits, especially for holiday cards.  They are a bit lighter weight, which is nice for postage, but the color is a bit different.  However, when you can get 50 cards and envelopes for $3.50, you deal with it.  The design is based on a card on Pinterst, found here.  This card base is from that bulk stock.  I used left overs pieces from the October 2014 Sweet as Pie kit and August 2014 Seriously Amazing, and stamps from February 2015 Layers of Gratitude inked in Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue and Soft Sky.  I stamped the envelope flap in the same pattern to match.  It took less than 30 minutes to make a stack of these and I still have some feathers left.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: