Thursday, March 10, 2016

Wall-E shirts

So we are finally heading back to the Disney World parks for the first time in six years.  I am so excited, as our youngest had just started walking last time.  He has come so far over the last couple of years and he can really appreciate the trip this time.  I am making each family member shirts.  (Look for our family shirts is a coming post.)
My boys asked for a couple extra shirts, and when Michael's puts the shirts on for $1.99, how can I resist? 
My sweet hubby treated me to an upgrade on my Cricut, so I now have the Expression.  I know, it's not the newest or most advanced, but I still prefer having the keyboard.  (The new Explore requires computer access to use.)  NOTE: The Expression will not work with Cricut's Design Space, but still works with Cricut Craft Room.  I have found it is much more user-friendly than the old Design Studio on CD.  It will link to a gypsy but a word of caution, once you link a cartridge, it cannot be linked to any other Cricut device.  If you need to reassign your cartridges to Craft Room or Design Space, you will need to contact Cricut and have them manually moved by one of the Customer Service members. 
front of shirt
Without further delay, here is Wall-E!  I did not have enough vinyl to make a large character, so I used scraps.  I used the Wall-E icon from the Best of Pixar cartridge.  It cuts a large rectangle with curved corners, but I weeded out the oval and used the lettering.  I was so excited about my idea, I forgot to flip the image!  Not wanting to waste the vinyl, I came up with an alternative....mirror images!  I used the last of my scraps to cut the icon (flipped this time!) and cut a tiny 2 inch Wall-E silhouette.  Cricut has a helpful little chart online with how to kiss cut and popular placements on different clothes.  I put the Wall-E icon up the right side of the shirt, with the red dot up by the shoulder.  I used the oops cut on the back in the same spot, so when you hold up the shirt, they match up.  I placed the little Wall-E cut near the collar on the back yoke.  It came out so cute and my 13 year old thinks it's sporty.  Thanks for looking!  April
back of shirt

No comments: