Tuesday, April 28, 2020

MFT Color Challenge 140 & Sketch 486

While I am stuck at home, I am using the time to brush up on my copic marker skills, so this challenge was a good excuse to color up some of the MFT Space Explorer set.  I did several color combos you will see in the coming posts but here is the first.
I am entering it into two MFT challenges this week.  The first is MFT color challenge 140.
The second is weekly sketch challenge.  I will be honest and say I took some liberties with it by flipping the image, and moving the sentiment flag.  I also removed the second rectangle layer.  (Annnd, I totally missed the deadline.  I thought it was before noon on Wednesday!  Oh, well.)
I decided to use a SU Night of Navy background and the MFT Starry Night dies to cut the night sky, then backed it with holographic paper.  I put a few holographic sticker stars as well as the planets. 
The large planet is SU Smoky Slate and I die cut two large circles, then used smaller circle dies and punches to punch out one of the circles.  I inked the circles and added shadows on the planet, before popping it up with foam tape.  I cut the planet in half to use on two different cards.  The astronaut is popped up on a double layer of foam tape.
The sentiment is stamped in versamark and heat embossed in black, then die cut with a banner die.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: