Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Mission Control

This is another card featuring MFT Space Explorer set and copic markers.  Can you guess the inspiration for my color combo?  Buzz Lightyear, of course!  I also used a little white gel pen to make highlights on the visor area and window before covering those areas in liquid glass (aka glossy accents).  The astronaut and ship are popped up foam tape.
The base is SU Whisper White.  I used distress oxide inks to try my hand at a galaxy background before spattering it with white distress paint, flicked off an acrylic block with a paintbrush.  I will admit, I used SU cardstock and totally would do this again with watercolor paper.  I had to be very light with the water to keep it from warping.  I love the chalky finish.
The sentiment is stamped with versamark and heat embossed in white.  I took a tip from Jennifer McGuire for the teather line.  Use a bit of glue on your fingers to spread glue on the twine, then shape into place and leave to dry on a silicone mat.

As I mentioned in the last post, the planet is made with a cutting two large circle dies, then using various size dies and punches to make holes in one layer.  I used matching ink and sponged around the layers and added some shadows.  I cut the finished planet in half to make two cards.
I am entering this into MFT Birthday Project Challenge featuring circles. 
Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: