Sunday, May 16, 2010

Altered Photo Frame & Scrap it with a Song


I had tons of left over Bo Bunny Glee paper that I used on the purse album, so I decided to make my daughter's friend a matching frame. It also doesn't hurt that I can work it into a new Design Challenge from a site a learned about from my friend, Christina...Scrap It With a Song! This weeks theme is True Colors by Cindi Lauper. Okay, I didn't work in the lyrics, but I think there are plenty of colors that are "beautiful like a rainbow."
The frame was an Autumn Leaves that was on clearance at Walmart. I cut the Bo Bunny Back to Basics yellow cardstock to fit the frame, then took some scrap to make the strips on the paper. I used the dark blue chalk ink to ink the edges, then to ink the stamp. I used Mod Podge to adhear to the frame, then put a coat over top. After the frame dried, I used some left over ribbon across the bottom, then attached a prima flower. A cute extra for under $2! So cute and simple to make. Thanks for looking! April
Sorry about the pic, it keeps flipping it when I download...ugh!

2 comments:

Christy said...

This is beautiful April!!!! :) :)

Captain Scrappy said...

April, I'm loving all your recent projects! Awesome job, girl!