Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Movie Popcorn Teacher Gift

Well, the end of another school year is here and I have finally finished the teacher gifts. We got the popcorn holders cheap at Target. Then, I stuffed tissue paper and yellow shredded paper in it. Next, I added a packet of microwave popcorn and snack size M&M's along with a gift card for a movie rental.
I made sleeves for the gift cards our of black cardstock cut at 4.75x3.25 and run through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then wrapped them around the gift card and sealed with adhesive. I wiggled the card out one side and used a 1 inch circle punch to make the notch on the wrapper then pushed the card back the other way to repeat on the other side. I used the Cricut and Mini Monograms and cut the scallops at 3.5 on red cardstock. For the label, I used Twilight font and the art function in my word processor to curve the words. I printed it on a sheet of white cardstock then punched with a 2 inch circle punch. I mounted the scalloped circles on foam dots and attached to the card.
I wrapped all the kits in celophane wrap that you can buy by the roll at Michael's. I was able to make 8 gifts and still have left over, so I am guessing you can get 10 out of a single roll. The labels I cut from Cricut's Tags, Bags, Boxes and More at 4.5 on yellow cardstock. I cut the black scalloped squares at 3.5 from Mini Monograms and the inside squares on white cardstock at 2.5 inches. I found the popcorn stamp at Hobby Lobby in their clearance...so cute and perfect for the theme! I stamped that is black Staz-On, then used watercolors to fill in the image with Stampin Up's blending pens. I used a fine tip marker for the popcorn lettering and sharpies to fill in the frame of the image. I mounted them on the black scallops, then used pop dots to add to tags, after I stamped my thank you in Blazing Red Staz-On on the base of the tag.
Simple teacher gifts for under $5 each! Thanks for looking! April

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you to sharing helpful information