Monday, January 24, 2011

50th Wedding Anniversary card

So, I got a postcard from one of my high school friends telling me about her parents 50th wedding anniversary. Her mom was leader of my youth group in high school, so I am excited to participate.
Card base is a Vanilla colored set from Michael's. I used kraft colored cardstock for the next layer, then stamped the medallion from the "Day of Gratitude" set from Stampin' Up in Whisper White craft ink and then coated in opaque gold embossing powder on vellum cardstock. Then I used a retired "Congratulations" set from SU for the sentiment, as well as the inside sentiment "on another year of happiness." (I wanted something more fancy, but didn't have one that was big enough...bummer!) After heat setting, I put one of the SU pearls in the middle, and repeated the embossing on the envelope. I hate how adhesive shows through the vellum, so I put the adhesive behind the stamped/embossed images. Super easy and beautiful! Thanks for looking! April

1 comment:

jessica said...

Beautiful!
Gave you a blog award...pop over to my blog and pick it up :)
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com