Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lego Birthday invitations

So my son is having a Lego-themed birthday party. I decided to look for ideas for party ideas online and found a suggestion for invites. They were more basic - simply standard cards that had the lego words printed across the front a few times to sort of look like the brick. Of course, I have to take it a step further...nothing like feeling competitive and one-upping it, right?
So, I chose a primary cardstock and sat down at the computer. First I printed the "Lego" using three columns and Bauhaus93 font (it was the closest I could get to it's icon). I think it was 36pt and returned twice between, to leave enough room for a circle punch. I fit 15 on a sheet and utilized the shadow and outline options in the format. Next, I set up the info four to a sheet and using two columns.

Once it was all printed, I cut them apart, postcard style...they are the size of an A2 card front (4.25x5.5). Set aside. I used a 1 1/4 inch circle punch to make the LEGO circles. I then used Stampin Up's Summer Sun and Only Orange to ink the pieces (both retired colors). Next come the dimensional on the back of each circle and mount three down and two across. How cute is that? My son is doing a happy dance about his lego block invites.
Thanks for looking! April

No comments: