Tuesday, March 15, 2011

1st M&Ms

Yep, still catching up and will be for awhile. This is my youngest and his first m&m's. The LO is from pagemaps. I didn't have m&m themed paper, so I made my own. I'll give the details in the description.
The base is Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip textured cardstock. I used Versamark ink and stamped the circle stamp from the retired set called "Rivited". Once that set, I used the "m" from a little wooden dollar set from Studio g and sold at Michaels. The "m" is stamped in Whisper White craft ink. Next, is Real Red and cut at 10 1/2x10 1/2. The next layer is Whisper White and cut at 9 1/2x9 1/2. The photos are cropped at 4x5 1/2 and 4x4. The circles are punched in Garden Green (r), Real Red, Brilliant Blue (r), Yo Yo Yellow (r), Only Orange (r) and Chocolate Chip at 1 1/2". The "m" is Cricut's Lyrical Letters and uses the Jumbo feature. It is cut at 3/4" in Whisper White. I cut off the left side bumps to match the m&m logo, then run it through the Xyron sticker maker. The trick with the Xyron is to rub really well all the way around the image before you peel the plastic sheet. (I use a pen or tweezers to rub as close to the image as possible.) I inked the circles with their matching ink before attaching the m's to the middle. I have a dimensional under each. The journalling is on Yo Yo Yellow and uses Bookman Old Style and Bernard Condensed. The title is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink on 2" and 1 3/4" circles and I used bits of leftover ribbon to add a little more texture. Check out the close up of the base and handmade m's! Thanks for looking! April

No comments: