Sunday, November 27, 2011

Heart Journal - week 19

Ahhh, we are in the final month of TGF's Heart Journal challenge.  This week's challenge is "Chaos" - no neatness allowed!  Yea, I am one to go tidy, so this was a challenge. 
I started with Tim Holtz tissue tape and overlapped and skewed them.  Next, I made a wash with Kelly Green acrylic paint and water.  (I don't use green often, so I purposely picked it to work with.)  I tried to darken the edges a bit and lighter in the middle.  Once that dried, I used a polka dot stamp from SU and Wild Wasabi to stamp the bottom and sides, with a random one tossed in on top, then inked the outer edges.  I used the Tim Holtz clock and gears masks, dousing them in Silver Foil Smooch Spritz.  Once dried, I added the title with Tim Holtz tile stickers and -for some complete randomness- I added a blinged cherry decal.  It makes absolutely no sense, but that's part of the idea, right? 
What's really funny is this sort of started as either a distressed, aged piece, or a vintage Halloween thing, but it went a totally different direction as I started working.  In the end, it turned out ecclectic and kinda cool, if I do say so myself.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: