Friday, October 12, 2012

TV Tune-in

It's another Chat & Challenge Night at the TGF forum on Splitcoast Stampers.  I am the lucky host this month and I chose a television themed night.  I hope you can join in on the fun challenges and you have until Monday at noon Central time to enter.
For the first challenge, I have Retro Re-run: Make a card or project inspired by a classic TV show or black and white.  For my sample, I made a card inspired by Happy Days.  As a kid, I used to love watching it and it always makes me laugh.  The card base is Very Vanilla with layers of Really Rust, Taken with Teal, Early Espresso, and Simply Caroline from My Mind's Eye.  I love the classic feel of the papers, and both prints came from the same 6x6 sheet of paper.  I used a Martha Stewart scalloped border and the Tim Holtz weathered clock die.  I used my SMASH label maker for the sentiment, cutting a notch with my scissors.  The image is TGF's 50's Sweethearts digi, colored in copic, then mounted with dimensionals.  The design is based on Deconstructed Sketch #73.  I am also enteriend this into Simon Says dies & punches challenge.  What fun!
The second challenge is "I Love Lucy": make a project based on your favorite TV show past or present.  I have liked many shows over the years, but one of my favorites is still Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  It's quirky and has great one-liners...so much better than the movie!  The card base is Tempting Turquoise with layers of Recollections light grey, Basic Black, cocoa, and Very Vanilla that has been stamped with Recollections Damash Bats in Jet Black Staz-On, and text & blood in Timber Staz-On and Blazing Red Staz-On, then inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.  The fence is Martha Stewarts spooky gate border punch.  I hand tore the dirt and the headstone is a Cuttlebug die and emboss set.  The image is from TGF's Miss Anya Rain Snow Shine, colored in copic and mounted with dimensionals.  She is also holding a "stake" made from and inked toothpick that has been cut to size.  The sentiment was made by stamping a sentiment from the Artful Inkables "Into the Moonlight" set and punching with a 1 3/8" circle and mounted behind a die from Cuttlebug.  I am also entering this into the TGF Farm Fresh Fridays Buttons & Bows challenge.
Okay, one more....just for fun!  I was watching a Child Stars All Grown Up and about laughed when I saw Punky Brewster.  Oh my, I had forgotten that I used to watch that!  So, here is my Punky card...I used a base that I had left over from another project, then took a piece of white cardstock and used a ton of Smooch Spritz colors all over it.  Next, I used a polaroid stamp from Lawn Fawn and stamped the smiley and sun, coloring it in a kid-like scribble.  The gem cherry was a clearance I found a Michaels.  The sentiment is stamped from TGF's OA Summer Fun.  The image is TGF's Wild Sprout Audrey.  Doesn't she make a perfect Punky?  A card as bright and colorful as Punky herself! 
Come on over to the TGF Forum at Splitcoast and chat, then play along!  Thanks for looking!  April

1 comment:

Jen Shults said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the way you used the clock die in the background of the first card... gorgeous! All of your cards are great! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch.