Monday, March 18, 2013

Cricut Tip

So, I got sick and tired of trying to squint at my keyboard mat and tell which key it was that matched the image I wanted to cut.  It's seriously hard to do with the fine details like in the Paper Dolls or Disney character cartridges.  What's a girl to do?  After some thinking, this is what I came up with...
Every time I get a new shape cartridge, I sit down with a sharpie marker and start marking.  The first image in your booklet matches the top left image on your keypad.  This is Row 1, Image 1 or simply 1-1.  There are 10 images in a row so the next image in your book becomes 1-2, and so on until you reach 1-10.  Next row is 2.  There are 5 rows on the keypad.  For example, I was cutting Tinkerbelle for our cruise door sign and, because of my marking, I knew the image I wanted was Row 2, image 3.  The picture shows how my mark matches the coordinating image on the keypad.  I hope you find the tip useful.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: