Saturday, August 17, 2013

Nothing Gold SMASH

This is the first of my favorite poems by Robert Frost.  I loved Nothing Gold Can Stay from the first time I read it in The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton in middle school.  It's been 25 years and he is still my all-time favorite poet.  I will be working on SMASH pages for two other poems as well as one dedicated to the man.  Can you guess my two other favorite poems?  (Hint: one was made popular again in a recent book and movie.)
This page was made by adding a page removed from the green SMASH folio, then adding it to the current book with washi tape.  I ran the page through my printer using Batik Regular font.  I used CTMH's Brown Bag ink with SU's retired Season of Friendship for the tree.  The leaves are stamped in Lucky Limeade and Versamark with gold embossing powder.  For the background, I used SU's retired Extreme Elements with Tim Holtz's Distress Inks in Frayed Burlap, Tea Dye, and Vintage Photo.  I also used those inks to ink the edges of the finished page.  Last, I used Caramel Latte and Spun Sugar Smooch Spritz on the page.  I am debating about adding some orange and red leaves, but like the effect for now.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: