Thursday, September 12, 2013

Butterfly Sympathy

Can I just say how much I HATE making Symapthy cards?  My husband's aunt passed unexpectedly and I am just saddened and shocked by the number of people we love around us who are passing.  I know, Circle of Life and all that, but really...
This is a stock card base.  The paper is 7 gypsies.  The sentiment and butterfly are stamped on scraps of the reverse side of the base patterned paper.  I used the medallion from the retired SU set Day of Gratitude, stamped in versamark and embossed with silver powder.  The butterfly is from 7 gypsies and is stamped in versamark and embossed in gold.  I bent the wings and used a glue dot to hold down the body, then used dimensionals on the wings.  The sentiment is from SU best of set and is stamped in Jet Black Staz-On, then mounted with dimensionals. 
Inside is the Robert Frost poem Nothing Gold Can Stay
Thanks for looking.  April

No comments: