Friday, September 20, 2013

Fight like a Girl

My BFF's mom was recently diagnosed with uterine cancer, so I decided to make a card to send her.  I checked online and learned uterine cancer is a peach ribbon, so I used Peach Parfait to make her card.  The stamps are from MFT's girl graphic tee set and is stamped in Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip.  I stamped the ribbons all over the base of the card, then layered with Chocolate Chip textured cardstock, Peach Parfait that is punched with the mini dotted scallop border punch from EK Success, and a doily.  The flower is from a tutorial I did a couple of years ago, using flower confetti from Michael's Brides line.  You can find them in colors now, as well as the pearly white.  I used a copic marker to color the gem in the center before attaching with glue dots.  Thanks for looking! April
 

1 comment:

gobeagirl said...

Hi April, I love your card. Sorry to hear the reason for it. I hope that your friend is doing well and on the road to recovery. My Aunt had uterine cancer years ago. It is tough. I wish your friend all the best. I am sure that she is going to love her card if she doesn't already. You are so so sweet and I am sure that she treasures you. Hugs, Lisa G