Friday, February 14, 2014

Favorite Poet SMASH

 
Robert Frost is my favorite poet.  I have been a fan since I read SE Hinton's The Outsiders in middle school.  I showed you one of the pages I did way back in August, but finally got around to finishing the others.  Nothing Gold Can Stay is on the back of Fire & Ice, and next to the title page when closed.  I did pages for Fire & Ice, The Road Not Taken, and one featuring the man himself and why I like him.  I will be honest and say I don't really like the way Fire & Ice came out.  The flames just are not working for me and the ice part on top is hard to see.  Oh well, we can't do it perfect all the time.  I do really like my design for The Road.  I used copics to create the stone path.  I was going to add a figure on the road, but after rereading the poem, decided it would detract from the meaning.  The title page is just photos I found online and chipboard letters from Tim Holtz and 7gypsies.  Thanks for looking!  April
close-up of title page

close-up of The Road

No comments: