Sunday, November 2, 2014

Christmas cans

I did these as teacher's gifts a few years ago here and decided to pull them out again for my stamp club Christmas gifts.

The trick is to cut off the bottom of the cans with a can opener, once clean and dry, fill and reseal with crystal effects or liquid glass.  Place a weight on top of the cans and let sit overnight.  I cut a label off one of the cans to use as my template.  These are great ways to present small gifts like gift cards, rubber stamps, notepads, and baked treats.  I fill the gaps with crinkled shredded paper.
I used a base of kraft and stamped SU's Endless Wishes in Whisper White craft ink.  Next, I made a belly band from Pool Party and Whisper White, punching a border from the lacy scallop border from SU.  I stamped the snowflakes in Pool Party and the sentiment in Crumb Cake and Night of Navy.  The tags are punched with the SU tag punch from scraps of kraft and layered with Whisper White stamped in Pool Party and Night of Navy.  I added a little bling to the tags and belly bands.  The big circle blings are from Hobby Lobby's Spare Parts.

Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: