Saturday, May 7, 2011

Teacher Thank You Cans





So, I finally got around to finishing the teacher's gifts. You simply take the fruit cans with the pop tops and flip them over and open with a can opener. I put the gift cards I posted in a previous post in, along with a little bag of yummy chocolate. Next, use some liquid glass (diamond glaze, etc.) and run a bead around the rim of the can lid. Place lid in place and weigh down so the can reseals properly. When dry, decorate can as desired.


I used Poppy Parade and Whisper White. These cans were approximately 4 1/8x9 3/4. I then ran it through the polka dot embossing folder. I then stamped the cup from Pun Fun, minus the sentiment, in Poppy Parade ink. I attached them to the can using tacky tape. Then added some white grosgrain ribbon. Next, I punched curly labels from left over paper and mounted it behind the cup stamped in Jet Black Staz-On. I colored in with Poppy Parade ink using a blender pen, then added a couple of mini pearls to the labels.


For the top of the can, I opted not to decorate the entire lid. I simply punched the scalloped circle and layered with Poppy Parade and the sentiment from the Sale-a-bration catalog. I poked little holes in each scallop for a little extra contrast. Thanks for looking! April

No comments: