Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Miracles in Motion





We are lucky to have a Miracles in Motion location about 30-45 mintues from our home. My youngest has developmental delays and sensory processing issues, so his physical therapist recommended it. (This year he has graduated from hippo therapy to theraputic riding.)




This is inspired from CTMH's Cherish book. It's the one called "Filling Spaces". Papers are from Hobby Lobby and Michael's. I used the faux leather technique. You wet your paper with a sprayer, then crumple into a ball. Next open the ball and press flat, iron on medium with no steam. When dry, you ink the pages so the crinkles stand out. I used chestnut Roan cat's eye chalk and CTMH Brown Bag ink. I switched the title and journal blocks and rotated the LOs. Also, the big blocks were supposed to have 5x7s so I double matted to help fill the empty spaces. The little buckle is from Spare Parts at Hobby Lobby. I cut the pocket myself from left over paper and ran it through the sewing machine. I used some hemp twine to make the lasso and embellish. I didn't have the little gold stars, so I used staples for a more rustic look. I also added a little ribbon for texture, since I skipped the horseshoes. Thanks for looking! April

No comments: