Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Christmas



This is from Christmas 2009. Yea, with three kids, I will never be caught up! ARGH!

The LO is part of a two-page spread from April 2010 pagemaps. I simply moved the title onto the same page. It is supposed to have 8 photos, but I used the free spaces for embellishments and journalling. I was worried about the paper looking too busy, but the photos and title break it up. I used a zig-zag stitch to define the blocks more and embellish it in a more subtle way. The border is the scalloped border punch from SU and the paper is DCWV. I printed the journalling in coordinating color using Bradley Hand ITC font. Chipboard is colored with SU craft inks and embossing powder. I did the colors first, coated with powder and heated. For the bulbs, I did one half with color and emboss, heated, then went back and applied the gold emboss for the thread of the bulb. Tie a bit of ribbon for texture and mount with glue dots. The wreath and lettering are colored with Always Artichoke. I left the title matte and clear embossed the wreath. I used the curly label punch from SU to mount the date on the wreath with a couple of mini half-pearls finish. Title is from Basic Gray. Thanks for looking! April

No comments: