Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mischief Managed



So, I am still playing catch-up with the kids pages. I have been working on this one off and on for awhile, but couldn't seem to find the embellishments I wanted. Then I came across these adorable characters from Pixie Dust Studios! Aren't they just darling???

The base paper is a dual-sided B&T from my LSS. The Marauder's Map is from Creative Imaginations line of HP papers. Isn't it just awesome? I wanted it to look like he was up to no good, so I used the famous line to make the map work. I was out of craft or suede, so I printed the text (Lumos from dafont.com) on Very Vanilla. Next, I used CTMH Brown Bag ink to sponge the edges. Once that dried, I used the blade of my scissors to distress the edges. I went back and darkened the edges with more ink and finished the pieces with bits of Charcoal chalk ink in just a few spots. I matted the photo and cut title in Chocolate Chip textured cardstock and Very Vanilla cardstock. While the Vanilla was still on the cricut mat, I inked the letters. I used the Xyron sticker maker to adhere the fine letters. Title is cricut's Stamped cartridge cut at 1 3/4."

I used watercolor pencils and sharpie markers on the characters. Harry's glasses are liquid glass. I sparingly used some clear Stardust gel pen on each character. Harry is mounted on dimensionals, as well as the photo. The wanted poster is from the Creative Imaginations set that includes frames, icons, potion bottles, etc. The coin is from Tim Holtz and is tied to the mini paperclip with hemp twine. Thanks for looking! April

Note: I am entering this into PDS challenge "Back in time." I figured this pic is over three years old and a lot of HP stuff looks old or distressed, so I am just interpreting the challenge in a different way. Go check them out!

1 comment:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

OhMySnape!!! This is awesome!!! I loe everything about it! and what a sweet pic :) I love everything that has to do with Harry Potter! Can't wait for the last movie ;)
Thank you for playing along with the Pixies this week!!!
hugs, margie