Sunday, October 14, 2018

16th Birthday

I made this card for my son's best friend.  I love that my best friend's kids are my kids closest buddies and her boys love every hand-made card.  I try to keep in mind their interests or favorites and work them into the card.  This time, I focused on color and the big milestone.
The base of the card is Stampin Up Smoky Slate and stamped in Smoky Slate with Epic Celebration stamps.  I used layers from Picture Perfect Party (retired paper) and Basic Grey.  It is hard to see but the Basic Grey is stamped with Here's to an Epic Celebration in Basic Grey.  The 16 is stamped in Lemon Lime Twist on Whisper White, using the Number of Years set and cut with the coordinating framelits.  The "th" and "birthday" banner are also from the Number of Years set and stamped on Whisper White in Momento Jet Black Ink.
Inside, I did a simple layer of Whisper White stamped with the sneakers from Epic Celebration and the sentiment from Birthday Wit.  I colored the images with Lemon Lime Twist using a blending pen.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: