Thursday, June 6, 2019

Personalized Starbucks cup


Once again, another school year is coming to an end and it is time for teacher gifts.  My son's special ed teacher has been nothing short of amazing.  He is a huge fan of Milwaukee Brewers baseball and keeps a keurig machine right on his desk, so I thought it would be fun to combine the two. 
I purchased the cup on Amazon and found a pre-made file that I tweaked for the custom part.  I used Oracal 651 in Brewers Blue and cut it on the Cricut Explore.
Inside the cup, is a little filler, two k-cups, a gift card and a handful of Hershey's kisses.  For a 16 oz cup, it holds a lot!
I like to save money, so I use clear contact paper from Dollar Tree as my transfer tape.  I will be honest, it was a pain to get the backing off the tiny inside parts of the letters and hope it will not effect their long term adhesion to the cup.  I often have better luck with Cricut brand vinyls and will probably stick to that in the future.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: