Wednesday, September 23, 2020

MFT Superstar 2020: Clean & Simple Genius


This is my entry for the My Favorite Things Superstar 2020 Clean and Simple Genius category.  I trimmed a top folding piece of copic-friendly Neenah Solar White 80 lb cardstock 1/4 in smaller than a standard A2 piece.  

I centered the stamp (MFT Polar Bear Pals) a little high of the center and stamped in Black Tuxedo Momento ink using a stamp positioning tool (mine is a Stampin Up Stamparatus).  I opened the card and stamped the bear in the exact same spot inside the card.  I also stamped the inside and outside sentiments at this time.  

I used the matching bear die and a circle die to
partially die cut the opening on the front.  Inside, I added the bucket of fish, then used post-its to mask the bear and fish.  Next, I made a mask for ground by cutting a scrap piece of paper with the MFT snowy hill die-namics.  I taped the hill mask in place then inked the background with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin, and Picked Raspberry.  I peeled off the masks, then colored the images in copic markers. 

Last, I used a white gel pen to add snow to the sky and a black glaze pen to highlight the eyes and nose on the bears, before mounting the card on piece of MFT Cotton Candy cardstock that is 4 1/4x5 1/2.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: