Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pretty in Pink challenge

closed card
This is for Pixie Dust Studios Pixie Flix "Pretty in Pink" challenge.  Who doesn't love a John Hughs movie?  While "Pretty in Pink" is not my favorite (Sixteen Candles!), it still a good movie.  Any seriously, who doesn't love Ducky? 
The base is winter white from DCWV with layers of Recollections Bubblegum Pink and heat embossed with a lips stamp I found in the dollar bin at Michaels.  The cut outs on the card are from nestabilities.  The heart border is from Martha Stewart.  The image is PDS Brittney Loves and is colored with copic markers.  I picked her because she is quirky like Ducky and wouldn't she make a cute Duckette?  I had to pay homage to Molly Ringwald, so her hair is red.  The letters are done in pink glitter.  She is cut with nestabilities deckled rectangle and mounted on dimensionals over a doily and lacy scalloped circle.  I also stamped and embossed a couple of lips on scrap white paper for the inside and outside.  I used a felt heart from Jenni Bowlin Studio and the punched heart from SU.  I did a cute little writing like you would find carved in a tree for their names, but inside I added "Say YES to Ducky!"  I added a little bling to the lips on the cover of the card and a pair of lips on the blank inside.  Thanks for looking!  April
first inside panel
view of all three panels open

No comments: