Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rainbow SMASH

We have had a trying couple of years and have been working to settle into our new life in Ohio.  My older two kids were off with the grandparents and we were stuck inside with a rainy day.  My youngest was looking out our storm door and started shouting about the colored sky and....there right outside our door was a gorgeous rainbow.  Maybe the storm has finally passed and good things are coming our way!
I just love some of the sayings in the SMASH books, but always struggle to find the right page to do with it.  Gosh knows, I don't want to cover the page over when it is such a great saying.  I think it fits just right with the rainbow concept.  I printed the pic of the rainbow, then used Cricut's Everyday Paper Dolls to make the clouds.  I cut them in two sizes and used the natural details of the curve in the cloud to nestle the picture.  I used scraps of ribbon to make with several different patterns to add more texture without a lot of dimension.  The little squares of printed sentiments, little camera, and journal tag are from U printables.  I finished the page with a quote about rainbows and a swirly paper clip.  Thanks for looking!  April

1 comment:

RebeccaB said...

Wow. Seriously awesome page. Great story behind it too. Thanks for sending me the link. I think I've put up a couple more freebies since I spoke last so have a look and I'll email through any you don't have. Happy smashing xxx