Friday, July 12, 2013

Archiver's Everyday Occassions kit

During my last trip to Archiver's, I found this kit on sale and decided to pick it up.  It features Tim Holtz stamps and included pretty much everything (including a stardust gel pen and metal embellishments) except the ink and adhesive.  It says it makes three each of the three cards in the kit but it only had enough cardstock to make two.  It did have an entire 6x6 paper pack of 36 sheets and there was plenty leftover to made envelopes.  The finished cards are only 3x4 so they are more designed to be gift cards or hand-delivered.  Also, the directions were ok, but did not follow the included pic.  I had to tweak the sizes of the papers I cut and I had charcoal cats eye chalk to ink the pieces.  The stampin is done in Jet Black Staz-On.  I like the quirkiness of the cards...I wouldn't regularly pair flowers and mechanicals together so it does draw the eye.  As much as I liked how quickly the cards came together, I don't think I would regularly purchase Archiver's kits.  You do get plenty of paper and some extra leftover goodies for future projects, so I am pleased with that aspect.  Besides, who can resist Tim Holtz stamps?  Thanks for looking!  April


 

No comments: