Friday, July 26, 2013

R2D2 birthday

So my BIL likes Star Wars and I found several different characters to make on Pinterest.  I settled on this awesome R2D2.
The base is from a premade set I got on clearance.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder for the base as well as the design already there.  Next, I cut a piece of Not Quite Navy from a Nestabilities Deckled Rectangle before spritzing with Vanilla Shimmer and Silver Foil Smooch Spritz.  R2D2 is Basic Grey, Whisper White, and Not Quite Navy and is punched from the 1 3/8" square, 1 3/8" circle, 1/4" circle, the word window punch, and hand cut pieces.  The octagons are the smallest Nestabilities octagon that I traced the inside and hand cut.  His eye is a faux diamond that is colored with copic 100 black marker.  A little gel pen was used to highlight R2.  The sentiment is from SU's retired Grunge Rock and is stamped in Dove Grey Staz-On.  I used a square punch to make the notches.  Both R2D2 and the sentiment are mounted with dimesionals. 
magnet inside card
Inside I added a magnet I made from My Favorite Things Die-namics set.  I cut it on light-weight cardboard, then again on black, before running them both through my Xyron sticker maker so they would stick well.  I also inked the edges of the cardboard with black ink.  I stamped the coordinating sentiment in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  I added a magnet and used a couple of glue dots to place in card. 
Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: