Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cookie Monster Birthday Treats

My baby turned 7 yesterday...oh, where has the time gone?  He has developmental delays and has just finally fallen in love with Sesame Street.  He also loves cookies and m&m's, so when we found the m&m cookies at Sam's Club, I thought they would be perfect for his class-shared treat.
I used the Tim Holtz ornamental die to cut kraft paper and folded in half.  I used the Cricut to cut the scalloped circles at 1 3/4" from Mini Monograms on blue cardstock.  The eyes are punched from 3/4" circles on Whisper White.  The pupils and mouths are cut from Basic Black using the George and Basic Shapes cartridge at 1/4" circles and 1 1/2" ovals.  I punched the cookies from 1 1/2" circle on kraft, using a sharpie to make the "chips".  I used the scalloped circle punch to make the bite out of each, before mounting with a dimensional.  I used the SMASH tape on the base and a cheap dollar stamp for the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink.  I attached the topper with a staple. 
Considering that I put together 30 of these, they were quick to assemble.  I highly recommend using a glue pen on the small pupils, but the rest was fine to assemble with a SNAIL-type adhesive.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: