Wednesday, October 30, 2013

TGF's Alter Ego!

TGF is hosting a new challenge called Alter Ego.  The idea is to combine two different TGF characters to make a new one. 
I have used this one before, seen here, but this is my Percy Jackson using Mer Ian and WS Flirty Edward digis.  I used Ian's head and Edward's body, but the trick is I copied his left side, flipping the image and moving it to the right, then adding a t-shirt under the open shirt.  His sword, Riptide, is a image I found online.  Percy is colored in copic markers, then cut out using Nestabilities Labels Seven.  I cut him so he looks like he is stepping out of the book (see one foot out of the book?).  I used my fingers to curve the paper and mount the "book" on dimensionals so the book seems to be rising off the base.  The text background stamp is from 7gypsies in Basic Grey.  The paper is Bo Bunny and Recollections on Very Vanilla base.  I used the film strip punch from EK Success for the strip border and some jute twine in a square knot to make it feel more like Percy's connection to the ocean.  I also tossed in some polaroid pics, especially one of his favorite demigod, Annabeth (from TGF's Miss Anya Hats Off).  The polariods are a die from Quik Kutz. Sorry I can't get a better image of the layers, but it kept coming out fuzzy.  Thanks for looking!  April

2 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

This is too cute!! I always love the fun themes you pick!! Great job!! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

Melissa said...

This is great! Love the sword and the combination of stamps.