Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween shaker box

So I decided to try my hand at a shaker box.  I used a tutorial from Meg at Loven Stamps.  You can see the tutorial here.  The secret?  She uses the foam from the stamp set to make the shaker!  So I just got the retired Jack of All Trades set that my soul sister was kind enough to pick up for me at a rubber rummage sale.  It still had the foam and I love the hat...it reminds me of the Harry Potter sorting hat! 
I used designer paper from a DCWV Timeless mat stack and the edging is cut using the deckled rectangle nestabilities, but moved to make it more square.  The hat is stamped in SU Early Espresso.  I followed the tutorial on how to remove the rubber from the foam, and used a little bit of liquid glass to seal it.  I keep the backing off the cheap dollar acryllic stamps because it makes perfect mini windows on cards.  (Hint: You can stamp on the acetate with Staz-On or SU Craft inks.)  I added a little bit of silver glitter, some googlie eyes, and a ghost charm I had in my stash.  Now I just have to think of a project to use it on! 
Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: