Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sweet Hello

I am trying to use up some leftover scraps and some experimental pieces.  I love the SN@P papers and have been working to match them to Stampin Up colors.  I will post soon the final coordinating pairs. 
This is a base of kraft with layers of SN@P papers and a paper doily.  The lollipop is made from pink baker's twine and a gloober double-sided 2 inch circle.  I took a length of twine about the length of my arm, doubled that, then folded the twine in half.  Finding the center of the circle, I started with the looped end of the twine and used a stylus to help hold in glue until I got around a few times.  It takes patience to keep the twine from twisting and staying closely spiraled.  I ended up just off center, so my lolli was about 1 3/4", trimming the glue edges away.  I added a lolli stick and used dimensionals on each side to stablize.  The sentiment is from the Pennant Parade, stamped in Baja Breeze, and cut out with the SU banner framelits.  It is tied to the stick with some of the leftover twine and popped up with a dimensional.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: