Monday, July 28, 2014

9th Birthday wishes

This is for my BFF's youngest.  I finally got to break out the Just Add Cake DSP I got on clearance from SU.  The inspiration for this card comes from one found on Pinterest....here.
The base is Peach Parfait with layers of Early Espresso, Whisper White, So Saffron and the Just Add Cake paper.  I cut my base as an A2 card with a top fold.  I stamped the background in Pumpkin Pie using the new SU photopolymer Endless Birthday Wishes.  The Whisper White is punched using the scalloped border punch and the Early Espresso is embossed using the new large polka dot folder from SU.  I added a bit of stitching with my sewing machine.  The number is cut using the Cricut Don Juan cartridge with the shadow feature.  The tiny tag is cut with a scrap of Peach Parfait using a super cute Quik kutz tiny ticket die I found on clearance at Michael's for around a dollar.  Can't beat that, right?  I stamped a little mustache (one of a pair of stamps from the dollar bin) in Pumpkin Pie and wrote the name in white gel pen over top, adding it to the number with some white embroidery floss I had sitting around.  The sentiment is also from Endless Birthday Wishes and stamped in Early Espresso and Wild Wasabi.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: