Monday, August 18, 2014

16th Birthday shaker card

My best friend's son is 16...oh how the years have flown by!  I wanted him to have a card as special as he is and for this big milestone.  I used some long-since retired SU papers that work with Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, and Tempting Turquoise.  I used my circle nestabilities to make the cuts and border.  I also recycled a backing from a photopolymer stamp set for the window.  The stamps used are from the retired SU Extreme Elements.  I stamped the splotch in Bashful Blue, then used the stamping off technique for the stars in Pumpkin Pie, before stamping the textured dots in Tempting Turquoise and the fleur de lis in Old Olive.  I cut the numbers from the Cricut Old West cartridge.  I added a couple of blue gems around the numbers before using foam to make the circle around the image.  I used some glitter, small gem stars, beads, etc to make the shakers.  I sealed the goods and ran a bead of liquid glass around the foam to help seal it all in place.  I suggest putting a weight over the card to make sure the seal sets.  I finished off the card with some stars I stamped and cut from the Perfect Pennants set in Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie.  I also used some leftover border stickers that came with the paper.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: