Saturday, April 11, 2015

Disney's Up inspired SN@P album cover

This album is made to mimic Ellie's book from the Disney movie Up.  I love the whole story and we are a Disney-crazy family so it seemed like a truly appropriate book for my hubby and I to share our adventures.
I purchased a red SN@P album from Michael's.  It comes with three chipboard tabbed section dividers, a few coordinated sheets and clear divided photo pockets.  I picked up an extra set of photo pockets.  I will show what I did to the inside once the album is completed.  
After I set the included items aside, I used my Crop-a-dile Big Bite to punch the holes in the left side of the cover in the red section.  I used a couple of Mickey Mouse eyelets to fill the holes and then threaded the eyelets with thin parachute cord, tying a bow.  I used a little dab of liquid glass to keep the bow from moving around or untying.  I found this great distressed paper that kinda has an aged leather feel from Hobby Lobby in the specialty paper section.  I left around an inch on three of the sides, butting the fourth side up against the red binding, and attaching it with mod podge.  I papered the inside with a nice black print.  
After the paper was dry, I used a gold sharpie and a ruler to make the rectangle, then a roll of painter tape for the curves.  I used some scrap Early Espresso textured cardstock to make the corners.  I used Tim Holtz chipboard letters, colored with Stampin' Up craft inks, and the edges inked with Tim Holtz distress inks in Vintage Photo.  NOTE: craft inks take much longer to dry but are archival safe, so be patient, and don't the edges until the craft ink is thoroughly dry.  I attached the letters with liquid glass (AKA Crystal Effects, Dimensional Magic, Glossy Accents).  I found the western hemisphere online, punched out, attaching with tombow mono and a little bit of newsprint washi tape.  The finishing touch, a grape soda bottle cap embellishment.  (If you know the movie, it has a very special meaning!)
Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: