Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sand Brush Fish Extender


This is another Fish Extender gift I am putting together for our cruise.  Disney Cruise Line is very serious about keeping as much sand off of the boat as possible, so they ask that you brush or rinse off before rejoining the ship.  I found several of these on Pinterest.  I grabbed some brushes at Home Depot.  2 in brushes (good for kiddos) are 98 cents each, while the 3 in brushes are $1.14 each.  I had some red acrylic paint (but a bottle will run you around 70 cents) and plenty of foam brushes.  You may have a few that need sanding, especially along the sides.  I did two coats, drying between.  Once dry, I used a hot glue gun to attach blue grosgrain polka dot ribbon to cover the metal band.  I chose to keep with the red, white & blue theme of the cruise line.  I stamped a Mickey head in Jet Black Staz-On and finished with a key fob on the handle for easy hanging.
I packaged them in cello bags and added a little poem I found on other pins.  They are attached to the bags with black baker's twine.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: