Monday, April 13, 2015

Grape Soda Ellie Badge

My hubby and I are looking forward to going on the Disney Vacation Club Member's Cruise in August.  I wanted to make some fun swaps/fish extender gifts and this is the first...the Ellie Badge from Disney/Pixar's Up.
I purchased a 24 pack of bottle caps from Hobby Lobby (on sale, of course).  I used a nail to make holes in the cap.  With the large safety pin, I found about six bumps in the cap apart is enough to be able to thread the pin.  I found the Grape Soda graphics here and punched with my 1inch circle punch.  I used a little mod podge to attach to the bottle cap.  Once dry, I very used Liquid Glass to make a sealed, glossy cap.  The trick to it is to make a circle around the edge of the image, then fill.  Use the nozzle to drag liquid and be sure to not shake or suck much air into the bottle.  Once it sets up, about 24 hours, depending thickness, it is a hard glossy epoxy finish.  I found it easier to thread the pin first, using it to hold the cap in place while I covered the image.
Next, I found these great phone wallpaper images of the Up characters here.  I put them in a word doc and pushed them to the background.  I typed the sentiment on top, then printed nine cards per sheet on cardstock.  (It says: Congratulations!  I bestow upon you the highest honor for a fellow Adventurer...the Ellie Badge)  I cut them out and used a glue dot to attach pins and slipped them into mini zip baggies, ready to give.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: