Friday, May 9, 2008

Another card...


I made this blank card for my card swap...finally done with them!!!! It was a good chance to play with some scrapping techniques and try them on a smaller scale. On the card base, I stamped with versamark, a clear tacky ink, that slightly darkens the original color you are working with. It leaves a watermark, or you can add embossing powder and heat it. I embossed this card with small flowers. I don't know how well you can see it in the photo. Next, I tied some ribbon around the card. I cut the base square on the Cricut with Mini Monograms. I had leftover white squares from another project and used a corner rounder on them. The stamp is from Stampin Up! I used water based markers to make the dark lines and used a watercolor pen to move the color and create shades. I then took chalk and made a shadow under the flower and used pink chalk (it is very hard to see) to shade the edges of the square. There you have it! Cards are a great way to try out techniques before moving on to scrapbook pages.

No comments: