Thursday, May 15, 2008

Camp


This is another one from pagemaps.com. I am finally catching up on DD's book...this is her first trip to camp last summer. I think this page is a good way to use one of those stray papers that you can never seem to find a use for. I love the argyle, but have not been able to really put it to good use...until now! Girl Scout camp - what better use? I have really been trying to get away from using only themed paper...you know what I mean - you would think that I would be using nature themed or some kind of background paper...maybe trees, animals, etc. I was trying to let the horse be a focus becuase it was such a big deal to her to ride for the first time. I think it has a great effect and doesn't overwhelm the photos. The only new items I am trying on this page is rub-ons and photo holders. The metal photo hinges are nice but I don't know how often I will use them. I love the look of rub-ons, but have not mastered making them look good and usually end up tearing it somehow. This page uses the "amp" from Camp. I am also playing with printing journalling on the computer more and actually trying to journal more effectively. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I think I would have seen this sketch and been totally intimidated and not even tried it. I am glad I got to see your finished product so that I can see how great it looks done with the right paper in the right way! =)