Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Altered notebook

Here is a notebook I have done for swaps for a SU workshop I am going to this weekend. (I am using the Twilight card and the mummy card I have posted last year, but updated the colors.)

All products are Stampin Up, with the exception of the notebook - it came from the dollar bin at Michael's. I am using the "things i love..." stamp set from Stampin' Up. I covered the notebook in Chocolate Chip textured cardtock. I then cut a piece of Marina Mist cardstock to fit as a mat. Then I stamped "things i love..." in Chocolate Chip craft ink and covered in clear embossing powder. Once that was heated and set, I did the same for the bottom corner sentiment. I set that aside. Next, I punched scalloped squares from left over Chocolate Chip cardstock. Then I punched 1 1/4" squares from Marina Mist. I then stamped the shoe, chocolate, and shopping bags icons on Whisper White in Chocolate Chip Craft, then clear embossed. I punched them out with 1" square, then mounted the three layers. I used dimensionals to adhere to the base. I then took Night of Navy ribbon and wrapped it around the notebook then attached the Marina Mist base to the notebook. For the pen, I took a scrap of Marina Mist and stamped hearts in Versamark. I then rubbed the paper along the table to break up the fibers and make it more pliable. Roll it and slide it inside the barrel of the pen. Tie pen to notebook with ribbon. And there you have it - a quick and simple gift. Thanks for looking! April

No comments: