Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Heart Journal - week 5

This week's theme is "Pieces of Me."  We needed to layer or paper piece somewhere along the LO.  I wanted to focus on one specific part of me.  You all see my creative side all over my blog, so I decided to go with something you may not know...my love of reading.  Even now, I love to read children's books.  Some that didn't make it on the LO include: Pigs Might Fly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Players in Pigtails, The Bone Collector, and many, many more. 
The base of the LO is ripped up pages from the Twilight Saga books.  No, I did not kill my prized copies...I bought second-hand ones that were already falling apart for $2 each.  I ripped out different pages, picked some cool passages, inked with CTMH's Brown Bag ink, crumpled and distressed.  I glued it down with Mod Podge, then set with a heat gun.  Next, I trimmed around the edges of the LO and chalked with Chestnut Roan cat's eye chalk.  I tracked down several pics of some of my favorite books then printed on cardstock, then ran them through the Xyron stickermaker to evenly distribute adhesive.  The truck is from SU's Loads of Love and is stamped in Whisper White craft ink on Basic Black cardstock and Jet Black Staz-On on Really Rust, mounted on dimensionals.  The title is made with rub-ons, using a white gel pen to add the subtitle.  Thanks for looking and leave me a comment with a favorite childhood book or book recommendation!  April
left side
right side


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your work. I like the way you use the paper with the brown colour. I think that reading has not age. There are lovely books not only for children but also for adults. Thank you very much for comment my art journaling!. :)

MaRyKaY said...

like your spread this week.
like I said earlier on your gallery I always liked reading "Pippi Longstocking" when I was younger. also even way back then I was a fan of scary stories.I like horror flicks and books.