Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tooth Fairy Boxes

 

These are tooth fairy boxes I made for my kids.  If you haven't already guessed, their Altoid tins that I altered.  First, I sanded the finished top to remove as much of the paint as possible.  It is embossed, so it made it a bit difficult.  I wiped away any residue, then painted the lid with cream acrylic paint.  I used a heat gun to spead things along and crack the finish a bit.  The paper is cut 2 1/4" x 3 5/8" and is stamped using the stars from retired Way to Go in coordinating colors.  The image is the SU retired Tooth Fairy stamp and is colored with copic markers with glittered wings.  It is mounted on scalloped circle and placed on a decorative label with dimensionals.  I used a big bite crop-a-dile to punch a hole off to the side, then made an organza bow to put behind a star brad that is fed through the hole.  Inside is a little poem for the tooth fairy.  Thanks for looking!  April
close-up of box top


No comments: