Thursday, December 19, 2013

Paper Bow Angels

I learned how to make these at our stamp club.  These use the XL bow die from Stampin' Up, but I am sure you could use the one from Tim Holtz as well.  The bows are the wings and arms, the tails make the skirt.  The straight piece that would wrap around the middle is used to attach the head to the body on the back.  The head is made with two punched circles that sandwich the hanger string and halo in between.  The halo is made by punching a 1 1/4" circle then a 1 3/4" circle off center.  The bouquet in her hands is the smallest scalloped circle SU offers.  We used a lot of glue dots and I can honestly say I would rather hot glue or tacky tape for sure.  Once we were done, I realized I would also make a second set of the tails or double sided paper to make it look more finished on the back as well.  Thanks for looking!  April
 
 

1 comment:

Sally said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Such a cute idea for a christmas angel :). You have a very creative blog with lots of fun ideas tfs x